Includes the price of the new part and the labor to install it.
Laptop Motherboard Repair General Information
Symptoms of a broken DC power jack:
– The laptop only operates when you hold the DC power cord in a certain direction.
– The laptop only runs on battery power.
– The laptop gets no power at all.
– The laptop will not charge the battery.
– The laptop switches from AC power to battery power intermittently.
– The laptop suddenly shuts off.
– The DC jack may feel loose.
– Sparks come out of the back of the laptop.
How DC Jacks Get Damaged:
– The DC power jack on most models of laptops do not have enough reinforcement within the structure of the casing and motherboard to handle the stress caused by movement of the power plug.
– Some DC jacks simply fail under normal operation of your computer. After a year or two of usage, parts just come loose on certain models.
– Sometimes the laptop gets dropped and the plug jerks the DC jack loose.
– People, pets and vacuum cleaners trip over laptop power cords and break the DC power jack. Moving laptop in bed while connected to the AC adapters is another great example how you weaken even the strongest DC jack connections.
– The laptop is moved around a lot. After the DC jack is moved back and forth enough times, it comes loose.
– In some cases the DC jack was not soldered onto the motherboard well by the manufacturer