Water Damage – Macbook Liquid Damage Repair
You poured a glass of water, juice, or beer into your laptop. Don’t worry – it’s not done for yet!
You might have to leave your machine, but we will give you an assessment of what is wrong and what would need to be fixed, at no charge! If the machine is too far damaged to be worth repairing you can take it back at no cost. If you are local, come to our store.
Spill damage is serious because it corrodes sensitive electronic components, but it’s often totally fixable aaat a reasonable price. At Apple you will hear quotes of $750 to $1250 citing that they must replace the entire board with an overpriced tier 3 or tier 4 repair. The reality is that they are simply not interested in getting their hands dirty fixing the parts you already have. It’s easier to gouge you replacing everything.
As soon as you get liquid in your machine you should stop using it! Turning it on will just make it worse as this allows electricity to flow through shorted wet components causing it to look like the board in the picture. Even when the damage is this extensive we can repair it, but it is best to minimize damage so we have a higher likelihood of fixing your board in a reasonable timeframe.
When you come to Tech Shield Apple-Mac Repair, WE fix it!
What sets Tech Shield Computer Repair apart? Most companies must outsource component level motherboard repair because they don’t know how to do it or they don’t have the necessary tools. This causes long delays and unexpected surprises; the person you are talking to does not work for the company repairing your device. With Tech Shield Computer repair, the buck stops here. We repair your laptop, we repair your board, and you only deal with us.
Firewire worked perfectly with a crisp image on the screen after our repair!
This board had no firewire and nothing on the screen.. surprising?
At the time of photographing, that board was $750 part by itself, and we were able to repair it for $325. Logic board repairs for the most part are done here in our back office which gives us an edge over stores that must outsource all of these more complicated repairs. We know our stuff.
Top Reasons to repair spill damage with Rossmann Repair Group
• We offer component level motherboard repair.
• We repair what is broken without high cost motherboard replacement.
• We ultrasonically clean liquid damaged components, which is leaps & bounds ahead of the “alcohol & toothbrush” method.
• We guarantee our work for ninety days!
Problems we will fix on your spill damaged machine
• Not turning on.
• No light/image on the screen.
• Not charging the battery.
• Keys not working properly.
• Trackpad not working properly.
Shocked by Apple’s flat rate $750-$1250 pricing? Here’s what it would cost with us!
• Keyboard – $175-$250 (depending on model) – sometimes your only issue is a LIQUID DAMAGED POWER BUTTON!!
• Trackpad – $125-$250 (depending on model)
• Logic board repair – $325-$425(depending on model
• Logic board + keyboard + trackpad – $375-$700(depending on model)
Call us during store hours: (773) 281 4900
3510 North Broadway Chicago IL 60657